Pope Francis Encourages the Faithful to pray the Rosary on March 19th!!!
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — Pope Francis urged people to join the Italian bishops’ request that Catholics pray the luminous mysteries of the rosary together March 19, the feast of St. Joseph.
St. John Paul II instituted the Luminous Mysteries of the rosary, or the “Mysteries of Light,” in his October 2002 letter on the rosary. In his document, St. John Paul II asked that they be recited especially on Thursdays.
Speaking during a March 18 live broadcast of his weekly general audience from the library of the Apostolic Palace, Pope Francis lifted up St. Joseph as a model for the faithful and reflected on mercy.“In life, in work, in family, in joy and sorrow,” the pope said, St. Joseph “always looked for and loved the Lord, earning the praise Scripture offers of being a just and wise man. Always invoke him, especially in difficult times, and entrust your lives to this great saint.”
Here are the Luminous Mysteries:
1. Christ’s baptism in the Jordan River.
2. Christ’s self-revelation at the marriage of Cana.
3. Christ’s announcement of the kingdom of God with the invitation to conversion.
4. Christ’s Transfiguration, when he revealed his glory to his Apostles.
5. The institution of the Eucharist at the Last Supper as the sacramental expression of the paschal mystery.